If your tumble dryer is taking too long to dry clothes, it can be a frustrating experience. Not only does it mean that you have to wait longer for your clothes to be ready to wear, but it can also be a waste of energy and money.
There are a number of reasons why a tumble dryer might take too long to dry clothes, including:
- A clogged lint filter
- A blocked vent hose
- A faulty thermostat
- A problem with the heating element
- A problem with the drum motor
Get in touch with us now
If you’re not sure what’s causing the problem, it’s best to call a qualified appliance repair technician. Our team of experienced technicians will be able to diagnose the problem and fix it quickly and efficiently.
Here are some of the steps our repair team will take to fix your tumble dryer taking too long to dry clothes:
- Inspect the lint filter. If the lint filter is clogged, it can restrict airflow and prevent the dryer from drying clothes efficiently. Our technicians will clean the lint filter and make sure that it is properly installed.
- Inspect the vent hose. The vent hose is the duct that carries hot air from the dryer to the outside. If the vent hose is blocked, it can prevent the dryer from drying clothes efficiently. Our technicians will inspect the vent hose for blockages and clean it if necessary.
- Test the thermostat. The thermostat controls the temperature of the dryer. Should the thermostat be faulty, it can cause the dryer to overheat or underheat. Our technicians will test the thermostat and replace it if necessary.
- Test the heating element. The heating element is responsible for generating the heat that dries the clothes. If the heating element is faulty, it can cause the dryer to take longer to dry clothes. Our technicians will test the heating element and replace it if necessary.
- Test the drum motor. The drum motor is responsible for rotating the drum of the dryer. If the drum motor is faulty,it can cause the dryer to take longer to dry clothes. Our technicians will test the drum motor and replace it if necessary.
Once our technicians have identified and fixed the problem, they will test the dryer to make sure that it is working properly. They will also provide you with tips on how to maintain your dryer to prevent future problems.
Book a repair with us today – dryer not drying clothing
If your tumble dryer is taking too long to dry clothes, don’t hesitate to call our team of qualified appliance repair technicians. We will get your dryer back to running like new in no time!
Tumble Dryer Care Guide
- Identify any specific issues with your tumble dryer.
- Refer to the user manual for troubleshooting tips and error codes.
- Ensure the dryer is unplugged before performing any maintenance.
- Access the dryer's components based on the required maintenance.
_________ _________ | Cover || Component| |_________|_________|
- Use appropriate tools for disassembly and adhere to safety precautions.
_________ _________ | Tools || Safety | |_________|_________|
- Inspect and replace any damaged or faulty parts.
_________ _________ |Inspect || Replace | |_________|_________|
- Reassemble the dryer components securely.
_________ _________ |Reassemble|| | |_________|_________|
- Plug in the dryer and test its functionality.
_________ _________ | Test || | |_________|_________|
- If issues persist, contact the manufacturer's Customer Support for further assistance.
Following these maintenance guidelines can help you keep your tumble dryer in optimal condition.