Your oven is one of the most important appliances in your kitchen. So, when the oven door doesn’t close correctly, it can be really annoying. There are several reasons why your oven door might not close properly, and depending on what’s causing it, there are several ways to fix it.
- Gasket A rubber seal prevents heat from leaking out of the oven. When the gasket wears down or is damaged, the oven door will not close correctly.
- Hinges: The hinges that hold the oven door in place can also become worn or damaged over time. This can cause the door to sag, making it difficult to close.
- Leveling: If the oven is not level, this can also cause the door not to close properly.
- Door latch: The door latch is the mechanism that keeps the oven door closed. If the latch is damaged or broken, this can also prevent the door from closing properly
CALL US NOW!
- Gasket: If the gasket is worn or damaged, you will need to replace it. This is a relatively easy task that can be done by yourself.
- Hinges: If the hinges are worn or damaged, you will need to have them replaced by a qualified technician.
- Leveling: If the oven is not level, you can use a level to adjust the feet of the oven until it is level.
- Door latch: If the door latch is damaged or broken, you will need to have it replaced by a qualified technician.
We are an authorised service centre in Durban
- Clean the gasket regularly with a damp cloth.
- Avoid slamming the oven door.
- Be careful not to overload the oven.
- Have your oven serviced by a qualified technician on a regular basis.