Simple solutions to dishwasher problems
Doing basic maintenance on your appliance should sort out most problems.
Here are some important questions to note
- Are you overloading your dishwasher? Check the manufacturer’s instructions to make sure you’re loading it right.
- Does silverware drop below the lower basket? The spray arm can’t spin if obstructed.
- Are you using the proper dishwasher detergent?
- Do you routinely scrape food bits off dishes before loading them into the racks? (Rinsing is not necessary.)
- Are you using a special rinsing agent if your water is hard (highly mineralized)? Hard water can leave a film on the dishes.
TIP Stick the end of the supply tube into a pan and turn on the water supply briefly to flush out sediment before reconnecting the supply tube.